|Contents of lectures||• Introduction: definition of packing materials, functions and classification of packiging
• Metall packiging: metal materials and properties, metal packiging materials, behavior of metall packiging under thermal sterilisation, corrosion, interaction of metal packiging and content
• Glass pakciging: classes of glass, properties of glass, production of glass packiging, interaction of glass packiging and content
• Poymer packiging: structure and properties of polymer materials, properties and production process of polymer materials, polymer materials for production of packiging materials, interaction of packiging and content, biodegradable polymer materials, edible ppolymer packaging.
• Paper and carton packaging: paper, carton, properties of paper and carton, classification of paper and carton, packaging paper, classes of paper packaging, classes of wave carton packaging, interaction of paper and carton packaging and content.
• Multilayer packaging: classes of multilayer packaging, processing of multilayer packaging, other materials, glues, color, gloss, solvents, barrier properties of multilayer packing materials, preparation of multilayer materials, uses of multilayer packaging and packaging prepared from barrier materials,
• Wood packaging: properties of wood, classes of wood for packaging production, forms of wood packaging, interaction of wood and content, uses of wood packaging.
• Methods of packaging: vacuum packaging, hot packaging, packing under sterile conditions, pasteurization and sterilization of packaging.
• New technologies in packaging: active and smart packaging, packing in controlled atmosphere, edible films/coatings
• Standards in packaging related to main demands for packaging in order to be put in trade, markings in packaging, security marks, barcode